Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Recipe for Sparkling Blueberry Pineapple Punch


Blueberries evoke some of my earliest memories of traipsing through the Canadian bush with my cousins and grandfather. Though we are far from the woods I once roamed, I still want to share the delights of blueberries with my own children. I have found success whether serving them plain and simple, like the wild berries I picked in my youth, or blended with other flavors, like pineapple or chocolate. This first blueberry recipe is a recent creation that is elegant, easy, and refreshing.

Sparkling Blueberry Pineapple Punch Recipe

Serves 4


Ingredients:

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2/3 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1/3 cup pineapple juice, blueberry-pomegranate juice or blueberry nectar
2 cups ginger ale, chilled
extra blueberries and pineapple wedges, optional (for garnish)


Preparation:
  1. Place blueberries, pineapple chunks, and juice or nectar into blender and pulse until blended.
  2. Pour ginger ale into four cups and then add blended blueberry mixture.
  3. If desired, top with additional blueberries and add a pineapple wedge on the rim for garnish. Recipe may also be doubled or tripled and served from a punch bowl.

2 comments:

asian~treasures said...

Looks yummy!

Sheri

Aiming4Simple said...

Thanks for lending me the glass! Obviously it worked!