Monday, June 14, 2010

Menu Plan for the Week of 6/14



We just finished hosting my parents over the weekend.  Some of the meals we enjoyed together included cashew noodle stir fry (delicious!), Swedish pancakes (a.k.a crepes), slow cooked venison, and chicken fajitas.  Now I am back to washing my own dishes and plotting when to eat all of the leftovers.

Meanwhile, since I mentioned wanting to make ice cream sandwiches weeks ago, I have been on a quest to find peach ice cream for sale.  I made some last summer and they were so simple and delicious.  Has anyone seen Breyer's peach ice cream for sale this summer?  Update: Found some today--recipe and photos are now forthcoming this week!

Dessert setbacks aside, I'm glad to be in the menu planning groove now.  It is also nice to have my husband home for supper more often.  He keeps asking when he can start grilling again.  However, my daughter is heading out to an evening art camp for the week, so it will likely have to wait until that is done.

-Monday-

  • Chicken Pot Pie


-Tuesday-

This post includes a description of how I make a frugal version of seafood risotto, without Arborio rice.




-Wednesday-



-Thursday-

  • Venison Burgers


-Friday-



-Saturday-

  • Waffles, Bacon, Fruit Salad

Check out  Menu Plan Monday for hundreds of other menus for the week!


4 comments:

Kelli said...

Slow roasted vietnamese chicken sounds GREAT!!
Down here in South Alabama, I am always looking for meals that don't make my kitchen hot! It is hot enough without stove and oven running for a few hours. LOL!

I have a pretty easy menu this week, too since I have 3 giveaways going at my blog and tons of housework to catch up on. Who has time to cook?

Keli said...

I can not wait for your ice cream sandwich recipe! I know my boys would LOVE to make them! We have a really easy week too. Have a great week!

Stacy said...

How did the ice cream sandwiches turn out? It's a project my kids would love but I'm not sure what to use for cookies. Strawberry ice cream and chocolate chip cookies sound delicious right now - maybe I'll make some ice cream tomorrow. THanks for the idea!
Stacy

Alicia said...

I like your new look! The new blogger design is nice, isn't it?

This menu plan sounds yummy. :)