Monday, January 28, 2013

No Bake Gingerbread Smoothie



Inspired by a recipe I pinned last month, today I blended up a new-to-me smoothie: gingerbread.  The recipe is by Girl Gone Green, and I was glad I made it.  Since I rarely follow recipes exactly, here are the changes that took this recipe to the next level for me:

  • I added coconut milk to balance out the strength of the spices and add richness.
  • I omitted the allspice, mainly because it was a busy morning.
  • I eventually tried adding unsweetened coconut, because the amount of ginger called for was a bit too much for our tastes.
  • I added a few drops of maple syrup, which were not necessary probably, after I toned down the spices.

The verdict:  Definitely a smoothie to repeat!  I'll just use half coconut milk and less ginger next time.

For more ginger-y goodness, take a peek at these recipes:

        
      Mighty Good Molasses Muffins



Summer Spice Ice Cream Sandwiches


I'm linking up to Janurary's From Pinterest to Real Life
at Simple Homemade and
 AP Tuesdays at New Nostalgia.



1 comment:

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Awww, I just randonly clicked on your recipe and saw that it was inspired by mine! I am glad you liked it, and coconut milk sounds very yummy! Thank you again! :)