Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DIY Grape Lollipops


After-school snacks are a regular part of our week. Freshly baked cookies and muffins would be nice, but I am not prepared to bake that often.  Yesterday, my seven-year-old washed some grapes for everyone to share. I also offered her some honey wheat sticks (a new product by Nabisco). She soon came up with the grape lollipop combination, which was a big hit!

These lollipops are fun to assemble, filling, and healthier than their corn syrup-laced predecessors.  A new tradition is born.  (And if you don't have honey wheat sticks, you could use pretzel sticks, so long as they
are thin enough to poke the grape.)


A preschooler-approved..






...easy-to-make snack!


I'll be linking this idea to AP Tuesdays and WFMW.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to give this a try. My son is *almost* addicted to grapes and would love the pretzel addition. :)

Doris said...

Great grape sticks and healthier! Oh, thanks for kids creativity too.
Hugs, Mom and Grandma