In my current stage of life, I am trying to find a balanced approach where I still get to bake, but don't go overboard. Sometimes I need to tell myself why it is good to hold off for a while.
Here are 10 reasons for me to avoid baking:
- There will be more bowls, pans and utensils to wash.
- Baking often uses sugar, which is not healthy.
- Baked goods may lead to adult weight gain.
- Baked goods are not as healthy as raw foods with living enzymes.
- Baking in the oven is not energy efficient.
- Baking and the resulting clean up takes time away from other pursuits.
- Baking can lead to burned foods and fingers if utmost care is not taken.
- Baking often requires special ingredients and equipment that takes up lots of kitchen space.
- When others find out that I bake, they may press me to bake again and again.
- Giving in to the temptation to eat batter with raw eggs might give me or my children food poisoning.