Thanks to blueberries, walnuts, and leafy greens, this salad is rich in flavor, omega-3s, and antioxidants. The lime twist in the creamy dressing helps to blend the flavors of the smoky Gouda with the blueberries and walnuts. Enjoy this versatile blueberry salad as a hearty first course or stand-alone meal.
Blueberry Garden Salad Recipe
Ingredients for the Salad:
8 cups salad greens, such as Romaine or spring mix, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
1 and 1/3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup walnut pieces
1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced into quarter rounds
1/3 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
Ingredients for the Creamy Cucumber Lime Dressing*:
1/3 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into pieces
1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
2/3 cup mayonnaise (do not substitute Miracle Whip)
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon maple syrup, honey, or sugar
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes or fresh chopped parsley
*Quick alternate dressing version: Add 1 teaspoon lime juice to 1 cup of bottled cucumber ranch dressing.
- Place 2 cups of salad greens on each plate or in salad bowls.
- Sprinkle carrot rounds and cucumber quarters atop greens. Add walnuts and grated smoked Gouda.
- For best presentation, top with blueberries after the desired amount of dressing has been poured over each salad.
- Add seeded cucumber (1/3 cup) and remaining dressing ingredients to blender jar. Blend until dressing is smooth and creamy.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over each salad.