And here are the modifications I made for my family:
1. I blended lime and lemon juice for the shrimp marinade. Lemon juice was substituted for lime in the salsa and guacamole.
2. I did not use peppers of any kind since my daughters (and husband) do not like spicy food.
3. Accordingly, I substituted paprika for the ground chipotle pepper.
4. No red peppers or cilantro were on hand; instead I used frozen white corn and green onions.
5. I used about half as much cheese as the recipe recommended.
6. Our tortillas were handmade by me. They were worth the extra time and gave fresher taste and texture to the quesadillas.
Partial verdict:The kids and I liked them very well. My seafood-loving husband will get a quesadilla for lunch tomorrow. We'll see what he thinks. If I were cooking for just myself I'd use some chipotle and serrano peppers or incorporate some tabasco to add more kick. But they were still very tasty made this kid-friendly way.
Linked to the Ultimate Recipe Swap @ Life as Mom and...