Sunday, January 10, 2010

Menu Plan for the Week of 1/11


Image from stock.xchng

A practice my husband and I have decided to resume is a weekly candlelight dinner. Since he is graduate student and takes evening classes (only one semester left!), he often has to miss dinner with us. So a late dinner as a couple once a week is our way to reclaim some time together. I will try to take some snapshots of the spread, which will usually be a more elegantly arranged version of whatever is on the menu for Monday.

Occasionally I have made a less expensive meal for the kids so the two of us can savor more gourmet fare and keep our grocery expenses reasonable. I am wondering: has anyone else has done these type of intimate dinners for two? I'd love to hear your ideas!


Dinners This Week

Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
  • Lamb Burgers, Vegetable Kebabs
Thursday:
  • Chicken Pot Pie
Friday:
  • Baked Ziti with Italian Turkey Sausage, Salad
Saturday:
  • Venison Roast, Rice, Mixed Vegetables

2 comments:

kalea_kane said...

Those look like some great recipes. I am especially interested in the Arizona skillet since I live there, and the shrimp quesadillas, because I have some frozen shrimp just ready for this! :) I hope you and your husband enjoy your romantic candlelit dinners. :)


Kelly (visiting from MPM)

Colie's Kitchen said...

Great menu plan monday!! Thank you so much for sharing! I love new ideas!!