- 16 oz. turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated yellow squash or zucchini
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown sausage in a medium saute pan (there is a homemade turkey sausage recipe here). Turn off heat and add grated squash (it will cook somewhat with the retained heat). Remove sausage and squash mixture from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard and rice milk. Add beaten eggs and whisk to blend. Stir in browned sausage and grated squash.
- In a greased 2 quart baking dish, press cooked rice to form bottom layer of casserole. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt evenly over rice. Add egg and sausage mixture.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle.
This recipe is part of Pennywise Platter Thursday at the Nourishing Gourmet.