Perfect for hanging on a door, wall or window, these green felt shamrocks are simple to make. I used the same paper quilling technique as when I made the quilled hearts described here.
- Coordinating colors of green felt
- Paper strips
- Glue (I like Elmer's No-Wrinkle Glue Stick since it has a fine tip)
- Pins or needle and thread
- Cut strips of paper to make small quilled hearts. Glue three hearts together to form each shamrock, adding a curled paper stem.
- Lay the paper shamrocks on green felt and cut felt to match the shape, adding an extra 1/4-inch border all the way around. Cut another slightly larger shamrock from another shade of green felt to add another layer of color.
- Glue felt layers together. Carefully dab glue on the back of the quilled paper shamrocks and attach to felt shamrocks.
- Pin or tack (with needle and thread) shamrocks to ribbon. Hang and enjoy!