Shamrock garland above a doorway
- Green yarn (I used a novelty yarn that had a twist of gold thread.)
- Crochet hook (To forgo a hook and stitch by hand also works; see the video in this post.)
- Wire (coat hangers, chenille stems, leftover wire garland, etc.)
Smaller shamrocks were made from flexible wire. Yarn was wrapped around the wire perimeter before wrapping again to fill in the leaves.
- A wire coat hanger was shaped to form the larger shamrock.
- Again, the wire was first wrapped with green yarn.
- A stem was added by attaching and wrapping a chenille stem.
- Then I crocheted additional yarn with a simple chain stitch to thicken it. The thick yarn was wrapped around the frame in a criss-cross manner to fill in the larger leaves.
- The center shamrock was connected to the smaller shamrocks with chain-stitched yarn. I twisted the thicker rope with an length of plain yarn to even it out.