Saturday, October 2, 2010

Versatility is a Good Thing

Perhaps because of the seasons of life or because we have lived in multiple places, my roles and identities keep changing.   So I have chosen not to include an "about me" feature on my sidebar because labeling myself feels too confining. Often I consider who I am to be random or fragmented.  But versatile is a term I can accept with a smile.  Thanks, Jhona, for encouraging me with this:


Part of the award involves sharing 7 things.  So here is a list that sprang to mind:

1.  Gazing up at starlit skies refreshes me; hence I enjoy going out in the yard after dark to take down the laundry I left on the clothesline.
2.  I once dreamed of being a freshwater ecologist; I still love to explore shorelines.
3.  I have a difficult time accomplishing things without a hard deadline.  I attribute that to the phlegmatic part of my personality.
4.  I gave birth to my children in three different countries.
5.  I never owned a car until I was 23 years old.
6.  My BSF study of the book of Isaiah this fall has been very convicting.
7.  My grandparents have been so influential in my life that I thought of them when naming this blog.

And now it's my turn to pass on the award to 7 intriguing women whose blogs I regularly enjoy:

Erin at Home With the Boys
Amy at New Nostalgia
Alicia's Homemaking
Megan at Sorta Crunchy
Val at Collecting the Moments...One by One
Tiffany at Simply Modern Mom
Quirky Momma

These blogs feature authors who post on a range of topics.  I appreciate the fact that they don't conform to the standard blog dogma of limiting themselves to a narrow niche.  Life is so much broader, and it's fun to revel in the variety and mix things up now and again.  At least I think so!

1 comment:

trooppetrie said...

I would love for you to share your notes on Isiah, that is one I have not done before but am realizing I need to