Though I am not really into pro football, my husband has been a Packers fan from birth. So I made these green Packers crackers to show my support. He was amused. Hopefully he will get to watch his team play in the Superbowl on Sunday, though he'll have to find a screen somewhere else. We have neither a TV antenna nor cable at home. And on most days, that's the way we like it.
- Spinach tortillas (buy some like me or make using Tammy's recipe)
- Cream cheese, softened
- Turmeric, paprika, cumin, and taco sauce
- Salsa verde, optional
- Cut tortillas into football shapes. Place on baking tray. Bake at 200 degrees F until they become crisp, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Mix together cream cheese, turmeric, and other spices until desired color and flavor is reached.
- Place yellow cheese mixture in a plastic bag. Cut a tiny hole and carefully squeeze out cheese to form the lines of the football lacing.
- If desired, serve the crackers with salsa verde for dipping.
If you have kids who would be interesting in learning a little more about football, check out Mrs. Perry's Superbowl unit.
Linking this to Works for Me Wednesday