Due to the wintry weather, I did not get out to the Asian market to replenish my ingredients for Chinese or Vietnamese cuisine last week. So we made a Chinese jump rope from yarn and a bit of elastic--that was the extent of our Lunar New Year activities. I did have fun experimenting in the kitchen with crepes and fruit, in anticipation of Valentine's Day next week.
Today I shall head to the Asian market so I can finally cook some semi-authentic ethnic dishes. Happily, my daughter's kindergarten class is learning about Chinese New Year this week, so we can at least be coordinated, albeit a few days late.
In the activity realm, I am planning to post some simple Valentine's Day craft ideas soon. So come on back this week to see what we produce. In the mean time, you might see if any of these DIY game ideas strike your fancy. Have a lovely week!
- Leftovers & Tossed Salad
- Noodle Stir Fry & Vietnamese Pumpkin Wraps
- Waffles, Bacon, & Fruit Salad
- Lasagna Roll Ups & Tossed Salad
- Chicken or Duck, Sticky Rice, & Cucumber Salad
- Salmon Pot Pie
- Yarn measuring, make rock candy
- Ice suncatchers, make valentines
- Indoor hopscotch, Chinese jump rope
For more menu ideas, head to Menu Plan Monday.