Monday, February 6, 2012

10 Things I'll Suddenly Be Glad to Do

Waiting is hard.  Waiting patiently is an even greater feat, which I believe takes supernatural grace to manage.  I'm not there yet.  Right now my two-week-old daughter is still in the hospital recovering from surgery.  Once she starts feeding well and gaining weight, we should be able to go home and rejoin the rest of the family.  We just don't know when that will happen.



It's amazing how one's perspective can change with an unexpected turn of events.  Once we do finally get to take her home, I'll be seeing certain tasks differently.  Hopefully I can remember to give thanks in the midst of it all.  Because if I'm doing these things, it means my daughter is home with us to stay!

 I'm looking forward to:

1. Changing lots of dirty diapers.
2. Being awoken in the night to feed my crying baby.
3. Having more laundry to wash.
4. Going about tasks with only one hand available.
5. Feeling like I'm never alone.
6. Needing to buy more diapers.
7. Having a full-time job feeding my newborn.
8. Lugging extra baby gear around with me.
9. Taking my daughter in and out of her infant seat.
10.  Staking out a quiet nook to nurse my daughter when we're out and about.




"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him..."
Psalm 37:7

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. We continue to pray for her(and all of you)!

Nikky said...

Any update on your little girl? I think of you often and pray for God's peace for your family during this difficult time.

Aiming4Simple said...

She came home last weekend! We're so thankful that she is doing well and that we can all be together. Thanks for your prayers.

Nikky said...

I'm so glad to hear she is home! I thought of you as I was waiting for my little guy in surgery and couldn't imagine how hard it was for you to have her in another city. God is so good and always gets us through!