Each Sunday of Advent we have planned a family activity. Homemade ornament making was something that the kids and I really enjoyed this month. Some of the ornaments turned out to be more durable than others, and these button ornaments are ones that I hope to keep around for a while.
Stacked button tree ornaments would also make cute teacher gifts or package decorations. We've still got quite a bit of packages left to wrap, and I'd love to make a few more of these to add to our teacher gifts. How about you? Do you wrap your presents early or wait until it's closer to Christmas?
- Assorted buttons (ours were from the dollar store)
- String, dental floss, or embroidery floss.
- Hot glue and glue gun, or craft glue, optional
- Stack buttons, starting with the largest at the bottom and top with a sparkly bead on top.
- Thread string through two of the holes of each button, separating the buttons as needed. Tie a loop at the top of the string.
- Glue on seed beads for additional colors if desired.