Thursday, March 4, 2010

Craft of the Week: St. Patrick's Day Felt and Paper Shamrock Hanging


Perfect for hanging on a door, wall or window, these green felt shamrocks are simple to make.  I used the same paper quilling technique as when I made the quilled hearts described here.  

Materials Used:
  • Coordinating colors of green felt
  • Paper strips
  • Scissors
  • Glue (I like Elmer's No-Wrinkle Glue Stick since it has a fine tip)
  • Ribbon
  • Pins or needle and thread
Directions:
  1. Cut strips of paper to make small quilled hearts.  Glue three hearts together to form each shamrock, adding a curled paper stem.
  2. Lay the paper shamrocks on green felt and cut felt to match the shape, adding an extra 1/4-inch border all the way around.  Cut another slightly larger shamrock from another shade of green felt to add another layer of color.
  3. Glue felt layers together.  Carefully dab glue on the back of the quilled paper shamrocks and attach to felt shamrocks.
  4. Pin or tack (with needle and thread) shamrocks to ribbon.  Hang and enjoy!




 
 
giveaways
Get your craft on Thurs.

    4 comments:

    Lori said...

    These are super cute. I really like them.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Please join me next week for another great party.
    Lori

    Lori said...

    I love this please stop by and grab my I was featured button..

    http://lifeaslori.blogspot.com/2010/03/saint-patricks-day-ideas-and-shout-outs.html

    Thanks,
    Lori

    Leanne said...

    Those look so cute. I might have to try making some.

    Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

    Very cute! So festive and fun. Thanks for joining the party!
    Happy St. Patty's Day!
    Linda