Friday, March 5, 2010

Works in Progress


Today I rejoiced to see hordes of robins hungrily scavenging among the damp leaves.   The snow is finally starting to recede.  Spring is near!  This week we've been celebrating Dr. Seuss by reading many of our recently neatened books, and we've started to decorate for St. Patrick's Day.

Insights Worth Sharing

In recent days I have also been challenged by several excellent points from other women; so I will direct you to them.

1.  On the temptation of the internet
I urgently needed to hear this perspective from Cheryl, at Moms In Need of Mercy.  I never realized how closely the time I spend on the computer is linked to my level of contentment.  If you read just one of these posts I am recommending, this would be the one!

2.  On the necessity of pruning roses (and more)
Here I read an exquisite illustration of the necessity of this counterintuitive task in a garden and in my life.  It was a perfect, timely complement to a recent lesson on John 15.

3.  On the secrets of successful homemakers
Part 1: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Homemakers
Part 2: Seven More Habits of Highly Successful Homemakers

Yes, back to my new favorite author, Cheryl.  In both parts, there are so many points that I can learn from and apply.  And I quickly understood why I am presently so unsuccessful!


A Case Study: Progress, not Perfection

Below are some of the shelves I tackled last weekend.  It was encouraging to see the progress made, though I didn't clear off every last extraneous object.  Nonetheless, to overcome the inertia and be okay with not reaching perfection is a growth step for me.  I am a true "messy perfectionist."

Now, would you like to play a little game?  Guess which photos are the "before" and which are the "after" shots.  You can check your answers by looking at "before" shots at the end of last week's post.


                                 A                                       B

                               C                                            D

                            E                                                 F

Have you been able to celebrate some progress on a project lately?  Are you seeking or finding contentment with where you are at right now?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the shelves! Messy perfectionism is not a bad thing. ;) I'll check out those links a bit later.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Shelves look great and I can't wait to read the links you referred to. Always looking for another new blog to read. Enjoyed stopping by your blog today. Blessings for a great week-end!

One More Equals Four said...

Wow, the shelves look great! I hope to get some progress done on some projects this week! Sping Break, yay!

bashtree said...

your shelves look AWESOME!!