Sunday, August 9, 2009

Menu Plan for the Week of 8/9




Last week we were in Oklahoma and enjoyed my mom's cooking. We also indulged in some local favorites like Grandy's Sinnamon rolls and other treats. The one meal that I cooked while we were visiting was stuffed pork chops. The apple stuffing was great, even though we lacked pecans; the pork needs more practice for me to get it right. Nevertheless, I like to experiment!

We're traveling again soon, so I won't be getting too crazy in the kitchen this week. I can pursue more adventurous recipes once my daughters start school, which is coming up soon!

Monday, August 10:

  • Chinese dumplings (frozen)
  • Steamed rice
  • Sauteed baby bok choy (per my daughters' requests)
  • Garlic shrimp

Tuesday, August 11:

  • Roast chicken (slow cooked if started early)
  • Mixed vegetables

Wednesday, August 12:

  • Leg of lamb (to welcome my husband home from Asia)
  • Zucchini

Thursday, August 13:


Friday, August 14:



Saturday, August 15:

  • Meatball casserole
  • Fruit salad

1 comment:

Aiming4Simple said...

Thursday's slow cooked rice didn't turn out so well. I should have gone with my instinct and NOT added the Worcestershire sauce. We'll see if that helps for attempt #2.