My one dollar willow wreath has been converted again, this time for the Christmas holiday. Previously the wreath was decked with pumpkins. And before that, it was a green ribboned wreath (as seen in this slideshow).
Materials that were used (or reused) for this 3.0 version:
- Willow wreath
- Green cotton cloth (from a shirt--see my pumpkin wreath tutorial for details)
- Safety pins
- Thin beading wire
- School glue
- Pine cones
- Long pine needles
How I made it:
1. I left the green cloth wrapped around the wreath but took off the pumpkins.
2. Before the snow came, I collected pine cones and a fallen pine branch.
3. I wired and glued the pine cones onto the bottom of the wreath.
4. Then I inserted clumps of pine needles behind the cloth "ribbon."
The result was a simple, virtually cost-free pine wreath for our front door. For more creative ideas, check out: