Preschool Artwork by K.B.
Recent good news from friends has gladdened my heart like never before. I am so thankful for such friendships. When my own life is hard, it is good to look at how God is blessing the people I care about and share a bit of their happiness. Why am I just discovering this now?
Some ways I am rejoicing with those who rejoice:
- The best man at our wedding got engaged recently and is getting married this summer. I understand better why everyone was so happy for us when we were engaged. We will now get to be one of those gushing married couples who congratulated us so warmly on our wedding day ten years ago.
- Another friend shared the news that she has found someone who may just be her God-given match. I am eager to learn about how God's plans for her unfold.
- My sister has another job--at a good company. This is an answer to many prayers.
- We have several friends blessed by expecting another child this year. And one of these couples had their fourth child last month. We went to visit them and share their joy. I had fun making my first ever diaper cake to give to them for the occasion.
- My husband received a teaching award this semester. Such news is gratifying, after pouring his energy and expertise into students who treat their education and grades as mere transactions rather than as an opportunity to grow. He gets a couple hundred dollars as part of the recognition as well, which we certainly appreciate during these financially tight grad school years.
- But the best news of all is what we celebrate every Easter. I've been studying the book of John in a Bible study that meets each Wednesday. Looking at John's gospel has deepened my insight into the wonder of who Jesus is and what He did in perfect obedience. And his triumph that grants my pardon and gives access to life with Him is my greatest cause to rejoice.