Joy and fellowship persisted around our tables in spite of several mishaps yesterday. For example, just before serving dinner I discovered that the rice cooker was not connected to the power cord. Hence, we didn't have quite us much food as I had planned, but there was still more than enough. I'll be attempting to use all the leftover rice as well as some of the hard-boiled eggs in my food plans this week.
We celebrated Easter in several ways, but dyeing eggs was not among them. I still hope to dye the eggs that I boiled soon. What was accomplished was an Easter dinner featuring slow-cooked leg of lamb, asparagus, Russian potato salad, tossed green salad, fresh pineapple, and apple crisp.
- Leftover Russian Salad with Eggs
- Baked Chicken, Broccoli Walnut Rolls
- Egg Salad Sandwiches with Pesto
- Leftover Lamb, Rice, Vegetables
- Almond Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
- Calzones, Salad
- Korean Cold Noodle Soup with Egg
- Grilled Venison and Chicken, Sweet Potatoes