Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Travel Tips to Keep Us (and the Kids) Sane

                                                                      Photo by kevinspencer

Have you ever had a travel tale that featured multiple mishaps and regrets? While they make for interesting "war stories" later, I'd rather forgo the drama. Lately I have noticed a number of helpful posts and articles on preparing for smoother family trips. We are planning a huge road trip to Ohio and Canada in July, and I want to be well prepared. Here are some of the most helpful tips I've found or written:


1. Quirky Momma amazes again with this essential collection of more than 40 travel tips for families with toddlers and preschoolers.


2. Our family has endured road trips in the past year that did not go well.  After last summer's misadventures, I was compelled to share 8 travel pitfalls to avoid. Trust me, you don't want to repeat our mistakes!


3. Tiffany at Simply Modern Mom had a great travel series this spring. Check out her advice for international travel , domestic plane trips, and going on the road; you will become a more travel savvy family as a result.


4. As for handy travel contraptions to keep kids occupied,  I loved this homemade clippy toy and this travel art case .  Will I actually get out my mini-sewing machine and attempt to make either of them before July?   Or is it mere wishful thinking?   


If you have any more tips, please share them in the comments. 
And if you have a travel tip post, do tell!

1 comment:

Joelle said...

Thanks for this. I am going to be linking to this post, if you do not mind.