I have agreed to an experiment. Since I am prone to spend too much time online, we sometimes disable the wireless network in our home during the day. So far, those have been my most productive, happiest days of the week.
Here are the top reasons why shutting down my computer for most of the day is such a good idea:
- I can enjoy more of the sunshine and fresh air, which invigorates my soul.
- I can be more active and burn more calories when I am not sitting in front of a screen.
- I can have a cleaner house. Having the wireless network turned off for a couple of days last week proved this.
- I can provide more clean clothes for my family.
- I can focus on interacting with my children, who are the main reason I am staying at home!
- I can focus on connecting with people face-to-face and by phone. I finally called one of my longtime friends last week!
- I can prepare more of our food from scratch, which I enjoy and which saves money.
- I can get more sleep, knowing I've made the most of the opportunities during my waking hours.
- I can have fun going out to enjoy the activities of the season--berry picking, local festivals, farmers markets, etc.
- I can invite people into my home and look for ways to serve and reach out to others--volunteering, bringing meals, talking to my neighbors, etc.