Though I have given away several to people I know, a doting mother and mother-in-law continue to supply me with more recipe books. And last year, on a trip to Chicago (for our anniversary), I couldn't resist buying two more cookbooks. They were the only "souvenirs" I brought home.
Of my current collection, 10 of my favorite cookbooks are:
- The Anderson Family Cookbook (family recipes compiled by my aunt)
- Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook
- Cambridge Cookbook (a church cookbook)
- Cooking with Kilby (a collection of recipes from 11 college housemates)
- Family Circle Cookbook: New Tastes for New Times
- Paris Bistro Cooking
- More with Less
- Taste of Home Quick Cooking 2001
- Taste of Home Quick Cooking 2003
- Taste of Home Quick Cooking 2008
Sometimes I dream of adding the Joy of Cooking and a few other classic titles to the mix. But in truth, I possess an abundance of books, magazines, and websites from which to draw inspiration and advice. So I am learning to be content with what I already have.