Thursday, March 24, 2011

Low Drama Haircut

The last time I cut my boy's hair, he wailed so much that my husband could not bear to let me try again.  Apparently my son is not alone in his aversion to clippers. My friend's son seems to hate haircuts almost as much as mine does (-- you can see some of their ordeal here).


To change things up, we decided to take our little guy to the same place Daddy goes for haircuts. My daughters went along and got haircuts to show their brother how smoothly getting one's locks trimmed can go. And then it was his turn.

He started out quite calm. Though he squirmed away from the clippers, he stayed quiet for the most part. Toward the end he got irritated with the little hair pieces that fell on his face and neck. Still, it was far less drama than when Mama has cut his hair. So now we're wondering if we should keep taking him out for $5 haircuts. Or maybe we could invest in a wrap-around apron to mimic the recent lower-stress haircut experience.  In either case, he will now expect a lollipop at the end.

What would you do?

2 comments:

asian~treasures said...

: )
If you ever need a "haircut cover," give me a call. I have a blue one!

Anonymous said...

I haven't stopped by here for awhile. I'm always open to low drama. =p Maybe if he sees you "cut" your husband's hair? Melody's hair is getting long again, so I'm gearing to trim it myself. Yes, it should be easier than a boy's cut but I've seen some bad cuts too, and I've never done it before. It was not worth our money the last time we took her because the lady didn't seem like she knew what she was doing. We'll see...