Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week (with Angel Food)


Keeping our food expenses low while my husband labors as a graduate student is a high priority for me.  A few years ago, a friend suggested I try Angel Food as a way to save money.  Before ordering though, I calculate what I would likely pay at the store for each item.  Most times, buying similar items on sale at the grocery store ends up being a little cheaper.  However, this month Angel Food was a better value.  Also, perhaps because of Lent, there was more chicken and seafood (and less beef) in the March signature box, which was a plus.

This week's menu includes ideas for five dinners made from the pork, chicken, ground beef, ground chicken, fish, and frozen vegetables in the $31 signature box.

  • Pork noodle stir fry
  • Chicken pot pie
  • Meatloaf, green beans, rice
  • Chicken tacos, rice
  • Fish, corn muffins, pea salad 
  • Venison steaks (not Angel food; from our freezer stash), tossed salad  
_____________________________________________________
     
Have you heard of Angel Food or tried it before?

    1 comment:

    Jhona O. said...

    Your menu sounds yummy as usual! We tried Angel Food once a couple of years ago. I ended up giving most of it away because it was food that we didn't eat. I do think it's a good value and that it is a wonderful program!