Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menu Plan for the Week of 1/25

One of my favorite dinners last week was the Turkey Sausage and Egg Casserole. I didn't make a menu plan; the recipe was born of necessity. With several of us recovering from stomach troubles I made the casserole gluten and casein free to be easier to digest. Though it is actually more of a breakfast or brunch entree, I might make the casserole again for lunch one day this week (or next).

To catch a small glimpse of our first candlelight dinner table, see the snapshot in this post. When last week began, I was out of town, so my husband and I will return to the habit and dine together this Tuesday evening, once my three cherubs are snug in their beds.

Dinners This Week

Monday:
{5:00 Indoor Picnic with Papa}
  • Broccoli Walnut Pockets, Chicken Strips

Tuesday:
{5:30 Kids, 9:00 Candlelight}
  • Steamed mussels, Fish, Potatoes
Wednesday:
  • Venison Burgers, Cabbage Salad
Thursday:
  • Chicken Pot Pie
Friday:
Saturday:

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I'll let you know how the recipe turns out for sure!

Noelle said...

Sorry, I didn't get back over sooner. I hope you tried the dish in your rice cooker. The flavors were great, but baking the rice left in undercooked :(.....I should have used my rice cooker.
Sorry, again, for not getting back sooner to report.